As the warm yellow glow of the sun first stretches above the horizon on the morning the pilots take flight in 2020, you will hear the deafening roar of engines firing up as 100 pilots prepare 50 planes for flight. The day comes to life in the wee hours of dawn as the aircraft take to the sky for the most exciting air race in the history of not just the United States, but also the world! Papillon Productions is proud to announce “Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines!" This is a fast paced, 100-hour race lasting 14 days with 14 mandatory layover’s where the pilots and their trusty flying machines will touch down in all four corners of the U.S. in a valiant attempt to be the team to cross the finish line in the fastest time. Spanning more than 10,000 miles, no air race of this magnitude has ever been attempted. The creator of this race, Daniel E. Diaz, with the assistance of Captain Don Palas, both shared the same amazement when they realized their dream of such camaraderie and patriotism was coming to life. “I never thought it would become the worldwide phenomenon that it has," states Diaz in regards to this amazing race that more than 300 million people around the world will have the true honor of witnessing. So, remember during the weeks of October 14th. trough October 27th., keep a close eye to the skies and an ear to the wind as you witness a mission unlike anything before, a mission to reach everyone!
The intensity, combined with the beauty of going around the United States, had me thrilled and I only had 4 months to put it together.
As Papillon Productions began to realize that the dream was in fact turning into a blaring reality, the intricate details started falling into place. “I didn’t realize the magnitude of this race until it came back to me from Washington. I guess everyone knew by then what the plan was. I thought we would end up with a hundred or so people. I didn’t realize that thousands would want in on the race. That was not on the drawing board. Everyone wanted more information that I didn’t even have. I knew I had to work fast." ~ Daniel Diaz
• Pilots will take off from Georgia heading Southeast to I-10 then onto Louisiana.
• The next morning continues west over I-10 to Texas.
• Then west to New Mexico
• The next day to Arizona
• The following day the pilots stay over I-10 landing in California.
• Then north to Washington.
• The next day continue on to Montana.
• Then east following I-90 to South Dakota.
• Continue following I-90 the next morning to Minnesota.
• Then the next day on to Pennsylvania.
• Then then northeast to Maine.
• The next morning continuing south following I-95 to Virginia.
• Then to Florida the next morning.
• The following day continues to Southern Florida.
• Then to the final destination which will be revealed in Southern Florida.
Let the Race Begin!
I have leaned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached, as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.
~ Booker T. Washington